EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI)
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NUMBER: NCST/CONS/19-20/00003
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO DEVELOP OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTION CURRICULUM FOR THE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND BUSINESS INCUBATION CENTRE (TIBIC).
1. The Government of Uganda through Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) is implementing the National Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovations Skills Enhancement Project (NSTEI-SEP), which is aimed at ensuring Ugandans design, implement and manage key infrastructural projects and create globally competitive businesses through provision of common user facilities for technology development and product commercialization.
2. Specifically, the project will establish the:
- National Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation Centre (NSTEIC) to enhance the technological and skill base of Ugandan graduates, craftsmen, technicians and engineers as well as instructors through the Flexible Factory Learning & Infrastructure Model, to be locatedat Rwebitete Village, Kiruhura District
- Technology Innovation and Business Incubation Centre (TIBIC) that will act as a platform and Tool room for technology development via the Process Industry Learning Factory Model to be locatedat Kampala Industrial Business Park, Namanve, Mukono District. The TIBIC will through business incubation accelerate the development of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Uganda, especially those in textile fashion & design, finished leather products, and ICT and multimedia, by improving their access to state of the art common user facilities such as machinery, workspaces, superfast internet, mentorships, joint marketing and distribution, technical trainings and financing.
- Technical Service Company to provide the services strategic to the country’s development agenda, including, equipment leasing and machinery rentals for infrastructural projects, contract engineering, maintenance of engineering machinery and equipment, and provision of technical services for companies implementing various infrastructure projects in the country.
- UNCST now invites eligible and qualified Consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing the required consultancy service.
- Objectives of the assignment:
To support the implementing agency to set up a standard Technology Business Incubation program to act as a gold standard for other incubators in Uganda to support and nurture science and technology based start-ups and increase the success rate of such Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
5. The duration for the assignment is six (06) months commencing from the date of contract signing.
- Consultants will be short listed to tender and subsequently selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) Act and Regulations 2014. Guideline on reservation schemes to promote local content in public procurement will strictly be followed.
- Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required experience and competence in setting up of similar progams for government and private enterprises and have qualified and experienced key personnel to perform the assignment.
- Short listing shall be based on the eligibility, experience and competencies of the firm in similar assignments and qualification of key personnel.
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their expirence, competencies and qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
- Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm during office hours on working days.
- One original and Two (2) copies of Sealed Expressions of Interest condensed in a profile not exceeding 15 pages which must be delivered to the address below at or before2:00pm on 28th September 2020.
THE PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL UNIT
UGANDA NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PLOT 6 KIMERA ROAD NTINDA
P.O. BOX 6884, KAMPALA, UGANDA.
TEL: +256 414 705500
- More information regarding the assignment may be obtained from the address above and the UNCST website at www.uncst.go.ug
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
|Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest||15th September 2020|
|Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest||28th September 2020|
|Evaluation of Expressions of Interest||8th October 2020|
|Display of shortlist||12th October 2020|