EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI)
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NUMBER: NCST/CONS/19-20/00001
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO UNDERTAKE CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION FOR THE NATIONAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION CENTER (NSTEIC) AND THE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND BUSINESS INCUBATION CENTER (TIBIC)
- The Government of the Republic of Uganda (GoU), represented by the Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST) has allocated funds to be used for acquisition of the above captioned consultancy services.
- UNCST now invites eligible and qualified Consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing the required consultancy service.
- Objectives of the consultancy assignment: To undertake consultancy services regarding construction supervision of an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor for the National Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation Center and the Technology Innovation and Business Incubation Center in Sanga – Kiruhura and Namanve – Mukono Districts in Uganda respectively.
- Time frame for the assignment: The duration of the consultancy is twenty-four (24) calendar months commencing from the date of contract signing.
- Consultants will be short listed to tender and subsequently selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) Act and Regulations 2014. Guideline on reservation schemes to promote local content in public procurement will strictly be followed.
- Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required experience the supervision of EPC contracts and qualification and experience of key personnel to perform the service.
- Short listing shall be based on the eligibility, experience of the firm and qualification of key personnel.
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
- Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm during office hours on working days.
- One original and Two (2) copies of Sealed Expressions of Interest and other relevant documents must be delivered to the address below at or before 11:00am on 30th March 2020.
THE PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL UNIT
UGANDA NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PLOT 6 KIMERA ROAD NTINDA
P.O. BOX 6884, KAMPALA, UGANDA.
TEL: +256 414 705500
- More information regarding the assignment may be obtained from the address above and the UNCST website at www.uncst.go.ug
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
|a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest||17th March 2020|
|b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest||30th March 2020|
|c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest||3rd April 2020|
|d. Display of shortlist||8th April 2020|